Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Old and the New of It

OK, so when I was about 16 I began to spend a little more time in the kitchen. One of the things that I noticed was that all of my mom's stuff seemed "old". I'm talking about things like cookie sheets, and Tupperware, because when you are 16 these are the things you use the most in the kitchen. Anyway, I remember saying to myself, "why doesn't she get some "new" stuff?" I also remember thinking that I will never have "old" stuff, "rusty" stuff in my kitchen.


Well, wonders never cease and I have totally turned into my mom. It's true. Yes I do have some "new" stuff in my kitchen, but boy do I have a lot of "old" stuff.

Of course, I get it now. New stuff costs money and why spend money when the "old" stuff still works. Yike! I can't believe that I just said that.

The point of this story in case you were wondering is that I finally did replace a piece of "old" stuff this week. Please do not judge me when you see these pictures. Promise?





The "old" grater now sits in a place of honor on top of my Housier cabinet. There is not enough room up there for all of my "old" stuff, some of it just might have to go to the trash. Sad, yes, but to everything there is a season....
Sally

No comments: