Friday, August 23, 2013

Mission Finish UGLY Socks







You may recall that early last fall Grace and I ordered a mystery box full of sock yarn. It was a very good deal, but like all good deals this one came with a few skeins of not so pretty yarn. I've knit up all but one skein. I saved the ugliest for last. I'm still not sure I'm going to waste my time knitting it, especially after working on the socks above. I've been working on these for quite a while now. I knit them two at a time with ribbing to the toe and an after thought heel. I thought if I bought some pretty new sock blockers to hang them on they might look better. Silly me didn't read the description of the blockers very well and so I apparently only ordered one. Is that not the dumbest thing ever? I assumed that the things were sold in pairs. Wouldn't you? They showed two in the picture, but when I went back and read the fine print, I realized that they were priced for just one. All I can say about that is Poo. I'm not about to order another one anytime soon, if ever... It does make the sock look better though. I've already started on a new pair of socks and I'm happy to tell you that the yarn is beautiful. It even has cashmere in it so it feels just lovely. From now on I'm only buying pretty yarn. I don't care how good the deal is. If you like these socks, let me know. They fit me and I wear a size 81/2-9 shoe. I would love to send them to someone who might appreciate them
Hope you have a great weekend. It is going to be HOT here, so I might just stay inside and you know, knit.

Sally

No comments: