blog if you are interested, but the gist is that the Chinese government decided at the last possible minute that they were going to accept fewer volunteers. The Peace Corps needed 7 people that were willing to be resigned to a different location. Grace happens to be one of those 7 so now she is waiting to hear where she will be sent and when she will leave. It's a big bummer for her especially since she sold her car last week. She is trying to stay positive. Who knows, maybe they will send her someplace where she can actually speak Spanish. We will keep you posted as we learn more. In the mean time we are just enjoying her company and doing our best to appreciate the warm weather and all the summer fun that Louisville has to offer.
Monday, June 9, 2014
I used two bottles to fill my giant container and I think I should be set for a couple of weeks. Iced coffee = SUMMER!
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Friday, June 6, 2014
So glad that it's finally June. May was one busy month. Since I last posted:
- We drove down to Louisiana to visit with Alan's mother over Memorial Day Weekend. I took my sister-in law the dish cloths made out her cotton. She seemed to like them. The highlight of the trip was my niece Sarah, Grace and I taking my 82 year old mother in law for her first pedicure. Once we got her there she loved it.
- We finally got to see The Book Of Mormon. We were not disappointed
- Alan and I finished mulching our yard. We tried the 12 bags a week method this year and that seemed to work for us. 12 bags is about all that can fit in my car. It took us 5 weekends to get it all done, but now the yard looks beautiful and we are ready for summer.
- Planted the vegetable garden. I really scaled back this year. Less of everything, but wouldn't you know that a squash plant from last year is making a surprise comeback.
- Grace has her flight confirmation to LA leaving June 19th, then on to China the 20th. She's started packing, sold her car, working on selling her electric cello and wrapping up a few loose ends. She is ready to go
- Public school let out for summer today, so I guess that makes it official. Summer is here!