Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Little Quilting To Fill The Knitting Gaps

Remember this project from last summer? My hexi Grandmother's Garden quilt has made a brief reappearance. I seem to be between major knitting projects at the moment and decided to switch things up a bit. I'm not sure that I ever showed you how far I got on this quilt before I packed it away for the winter. I really do enjoy working on it, it just takes a lot of time to make a little progress. My goal this week has been to make at lest one "flower" a day. After I finish my final Camp Loopy knitting project I hope to get a little more serious with this quilt. I still have no idea what I'm going to make it into. Sometimes I think a baby quilt and then I think a table runner. Who knows? I have enough fabric to at least double it in size and then add some borders. It just reminds me of summer.
Slow going, but so worth the effort.
Just a little side note. We finally got word from the insurance company yesterday that they have decided to call my car a TOTAL loss. I guess that means I will be shopping for a new one soon. I wish I could tell you I was excited about that. Oh well....
Have a great Wednesday.
Sally

No comments: