Saturday, July 14, 2012

Christmas In July

As you can probably tell from my lack of posting, not much has been going on around here lately. Like the rest of the country we have been spending a lot of time waiting for much needed rain. It seems to be falling all around Louisville, but never quite makes it to our backyard. So, we have had the cloudy, muggy weather with none of the benefits. They say that today is the day. If not, we have to wait until Wednesday.  I guess I'll be out watering my garden again this afternoon.

In other news: today is my 2 year Blogaversary! Can you believe it? I sure can't. I never in all of my wild dreams thought that I would still be doing this. It's so scary how time flies and before you know it 2 whole years have passed by. Yikes! I went back and read some of my very first postings the other day. Boy, I sure can ramble on. Thanks to all of you who have been such faithful readers. It is a very nice feeling to know that I have family and friends out there that are checking up on me.
Anyway, back to today's Christmas in July theme. I thought I'd show you a couple of pictures of my GREEN beans and RED tomatoes just to help get you into the Christmas mood. Is it working?

Last night I was invited to a Christmas in July stamping party. I spent the evening with some of the nicest ladies that I have met since moving to Kentucky, making Christmas cards, eating delicious food and laughing up a storm.
These are the cards that I came home with. 3 of them we made last night and the other 3 were just gifted to me. I personally love them all and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. The Jolly card in the front is pretty cute though. If you are on my Christmas card list, you just might be seeing that one again.....

I was also given this lovely stack of assorted cards just because. Is that not the sweetest thing? I must have passed the initiation test, because the best part of the night was that they asked me to join their monthly card club. I just can't tell you how excited I was to finally after 2 years in Louisville feel like a part of something. OK, so it's just a card club, but to me it's the possibility of new friends and that is really what it's all about. I feel like I was given a giant Christmas in July gift last night and I am celebrating!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend

Sally

No comments: