Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Temporary Fix


Last Thursday evening on my way home from work I was involved in a multi car pile up on the interstate. I'm fine except for a couple of sore spots, but my poor little car got squished on both ends. I was one of the middle cars and there was just no way of preventing it. I have to tell you that I was pretty scared and considered never driving a car again for a couple of hours. Once reality set in and I calmed down a bit I realized that never driving again probably was not an option. What do they say? "You've got to get back on the horse". So, for the time being I'll be driving this little Impala. It's definitely not me, but it will do until the insurance company figures out what to do with my Rav4. I really want my car back, but I know that's probably not going to happen. I keep reminding myself that it was just a car and it did it's job keeping me safe. I have a tendency to get a little attached to things that I think I'm going to have in my possession for a while, like cars, and phones and washing machines. Call my crazy. That's just the way it goes.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That must have been scary!!! Glad you are alright! Bette

Anonymous said...

I am glad you're okay. Did you give your Rav4 a name like Alan names his cars? Because once you do that, it's tough to say goodbye.