Friday, January 17, 2014

Slow Down





During this past week Alan (Grace and I) have been in full swing recovery mode. What that really means is that we have been doing a whole lot of nothing. Well, that's not exactly true. We have been doing a whole lot of stuff you can do while sitting on the couch watching TV. Thank goodness the weather has been cold, snowy and unpleasant, making staying inside a desirable option. Slowing down can be difficult. Keeping to a schedule and checking things off my lists is how I operate. I did go back to work this week leaving Alan in Grace's capable hands, but other than that we have had what you would call a "stay-cation" of sorts. With the extra home time I was very glad to have the freezer stocked with a variety of  soups. I finally got around to baking bread in my Dutch Oven. Besides the fact that it takes 12-18 hours to raise and then another hour of heating the pot and cooking time I think it turned out pretty well. I checked the freezer this morning and found a few more containers of soup and some chili so I think we can make it through the weekend. Alan is hoping to go back to work on Monday. It may be a shorter than usual day, but he is more than ready to get back to his normal routine. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Sally

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! That bread looks wonderful!!