Sunday, July 13, 2014

And She's Off...


Grace made to Cambodia all in one piece. She left Louisville early Thursday morning and got to Phnom Penh early Sunday morning their time, late Saturday night our time. She stayed one night in LA and about 4 hours at a hotel in Bangkok. the Bangkok stop was just long enough for them all to take showers and change their clothes so that they would look presentable when arriving in Cambodia. The Peace Corps has given her a phone, but Alan found out today that it will cost us $1.99 a minute to talk to her. I think most of our communications will be through email and skype when she has internet access. When I spoke with her this morning, she had just finished dinner. They are 11 hours ahead of us. She said the food was delicious. She had also already had her first Khmer language lesson and was able to say "Hi, my name is Grace. I am from America".  She sounded even more excited if that is possible, but seriously sleep deprived. She was on her way to get some much need rest. Hopefully she will be able to update her blog regularly. She has information there about how to get in touch with her. I have no idea how much postage will be. She wants me to send her a couple of things that she forgot, including her raincoat. I told her I would so long as the postage didn't cost more than the coat.
Sally

No comments: