Saturday, November 1, 2014

It's Big Red Pot Time!


Don't you just love soup season? It's my favorite. I had this ginormous head of cauliflower in the refrigerator and needed to use it up. I decided to turn it into soup. I found this recipe from the Pioneer Woman and thought I'd give it a try. I don't know what I was expecting, it is cauliflower after all, but in my opinion this soup is just OK. Honestly I hate to even share it here with you because I'll probably never make it again. It just seemed like it was missing something. The sour cream she has you add at the end helps a little, I just put a spoonful in the bottom of my mug. What helped even more was the handful of shredded cheddar cheese that I sprinkled on my second cup. Some bacon bits would probably make it even better...
Do you have a favorite soup recipe? I'm always on the lookout for a new one to try.
Sally

No comments: