Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Winter Walk

These darn FitBits. The other night Alan needed to get a few more steps in before plopping down in his favorite chair to watch TV. He's participating in a fitness challenge at work and didn't want to let his team down. We decided to walk over to the little park near our house and check out the Holiday Lights. It really is festive. I personally think the giant snowman is a little creepy, and I'm sure Maggie had no idea what to think of it. I wish I had a better camera, but you get the idea. Our understanding is that there is one man who sets them up every year. This year they went up before Halloween, which really made me crazy. They didn't actually turn them on until after Thanksgiving, but still... I guess if it's just one guy doing all the work he has to start early. Alan thinks they got put up early this year so that the guy to head on down to Florida for the winter. I'll let you know how long they stay up. If they are still there at Easter, he might just be right.
Sally

No comments: