Saturday, December 20, 2014

Finishing Touches



Well, the gifts are all wrapped and under the tree. I heard this morning that Grace finally received her Christmas package that I mailed the week before Thanksgiving. All the decorating that's going to happen is done. Still not a single cookie to speak of, but there's plenty of time for that. I say, "Let the festivities begin".
 David is driving home from an interview in Philadelphia today  and my Dad should arrive on Monday. Everything is falling into place and that's just the way I like it. I decided to display my nutcracker collection this year. The poor guys have been stuck down in the creepy basement since we moved to Louisville. I  know that some people think nutcrackers are stupid and scary looking, but I've had most of mine since David was a soldier in his third grade performance of the Nutcracker.  They remind me of the "good old days". I put most of them in the guest bedroom and bathroom upstairs. My brother in law Don stayed with us the other night and he didn't seem to be too bothered by them. We moved the spinning wheel out of the craft room/Grace's old room and moved in a wee little twin bed. David gets to sleep in there this year instead of on an air mattress in the piano room. I think the accommodations are lovey, but he's been staying in some pretty "fancy" hotels lately, so he might think otherwise. We found his favorite old stuffed polar bear from when he was about 3 years old. A good washing and he looks like new. Sweet and cozy. I wish that one of Santa's elves would come and clean my bathrooms and mop my floors, but I'm guessing that I'll be doing that tomorrow.  I hope you all are enjoying the season as much as I am.
Sally

No comments: