Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Accurate Information

12 Days 'till Derby!

I just want you to know that the Derby information that I'm sharing with you is legit.

My sources are real. Some comes from Louisville natives, some from the TV and a lot from the local paper. I don't want to sound like an expert or anything, because this is my first official Derby.






The newspaper really takes the whole event seriously. As you can see the actual Derby Festival started April 15th and will end May 6th, which I think is weird because the Derby is on the 7th.

The BIG news as of yesterday is that the Chow Wagon has been moved due to the flooding of the Ohio river. The Chow Wagon is what they call the huge food/drink and entertainment Fest-a-Ville that is usually set up along the waterfront. Everyone that I have talked to makes at least one trip to the Chow Wagon during Derby. If the rain every stops I'm hoping that Alan and I can check it out. It may be as close as we get to the actual Derby. Maybe I should wear my hat.

Sally

No comments: