Friday, April 22, 2011

15 Days to Go!

And they're off! Those three little words ignite what's been called the most exciting two minutes in sports. This year the 137th Kentucky Derby, the "run for the roses", will be held on Saturday, May 7th, 2011


The partying in Louisville during the two weeks leading up to the Derby is similar to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. It's a community-wide celebration with steamboat races, fireworks, a hot-air-balloon race and lots and lots of parties. It seems to me that the race is just an excuse for the parties to take place.


Since this will be my first derby ( I have been called a derby virgin by some of my local friends) I'm going to use this little blog to hit the highlights and help you and me count down the next 2 weeks to DERBY.

I will share my opinion on such things as: hats, Mint Juleps, Kentucky Derby Pie, tea sandwiches, My Old Kentucky Home and I might even give you a few betting tips, if you happen to be a betting kind of person. I wish I could share the the excitement in the air. Everyone is happy. That could just be that spring is finally here, but I think it has a lot more to to with Derby Time!
Sally

No comments: