Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April Fools Day

Really, just happy April. I don't know about you, but I'm glad that March is finally over. What a loooong month. The whole in like a lion, out like a lamb thing did not work here this year. March 1st was miserable, and March 31st just as much. Bring on some sunshine.

Alan did move the deck furniture out of our cute little out building, I think just to make some space in there, or maybe so that he could get to the lawn mower because we sure are not planning to sit outside relaxing anytime soon. After a closer look, I'm wondering if I should try painting the wicker. It really wasn't meant to be outside and it took a bit of a beating last summer. Little white paint flecks all over the deck.


I bought a magazine the other day all about "square foot gardening" Have you tried it? I think I'm going to plan out my vegetable garden using that method this year. We already have the raised bed we just need to add a little more dirt and nutrients and figure out a way to keep the dog out of it.


See, I'm trying to get the spring feeling going, I just need a little help from Mother Nature.


Sally

No comments: