Monday, April 25, 2011

It's All About the Hat

13 days until Derby, and things are really starting to hop around Louisville.



First things first though.

Can you guess what's in the big white box?







Can you guess what's in the BIG WHITE "HAT" BOX?







If you guessed a hat, then you are the big winner!







It's not just any old hat though. It's my first Kentucky Derby hat.







Everything that you have ever heard about Kentucky woman and their derby hats is true.









Most ladies start shopping for next years hat before this years race has even been run.

It is a must that you find your hat first and then look for your dress, shoes, purse, etc...


Here is my hat story:

First off, I should let you know that I don't like hats. I don't even wear hats when it's freezing outside. I just don't have the right kind of hair. If I put on a hat I'd have to wear it for the entire day, because my doo would by done.


A few weeks ago I was in a shoe store looking for shoes.

I didn't find what I was looking for, but the store had a huge display of Derby Hats and I was curious. The first hat that I picked up cost $379.00. I put it back fast. I know I was in shock.

Who pays that much for a hat? YIKES!!! A hat you wear once. It's kind of like a prom dress. You can't wear the same derby hat twice. Stupid.

Thank goodness there was a sale bin. Probably last years models, but who cares?

I found my hat in the bin. It was originally $119.00 but on sale for $20.00 what a bargain.

Even if I never actually wear it, I own a derby hat and like I said, "It's all about the hat".

Sally

No comments: