Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Walk on the Wild Side

The past two Saturday mornings Alan and I have been getting up early to walk at the zoo. The weather has finally cooperated enough so that we have been able to get back and check on all of our animal friends. We got lucky the first week and were able to see the youngest polar bear. She was having a great time swimming and diving. Apparently there is a "cave" under the water that she likes to hide her toys in. She would dive down bring up a toy, play with it for a minute or so and then take it back down to the cave. Pretty cool to watch.

The peacock was also working hard to impress us. This past Saturday there were fewer animals out and about. It stormed all night so I guess they were sleeping in. We did get to see the eagles sitting on their egg.
and a whole bunch of baby geese.

Speaking of "wild", but totally unrelated, what do you think of this nail polish?
Kind of bright I'd say. I decided to try something a little different. I have to wear if for two weeks. Hopefully it's going to grow on me.
Sally

No comments: