Friday, May 11, 2012

What's Your Favorite Flower?

I guess I've always known that when it comes to flowers, for me the simpler the better. My all time favorite flower is the daisy hands down. I love the name, I love the bright yellow middle. A daisy just reminds me of the sunshine. I've never had much luck growing daisies. I'm not sure why that is. I keep trying though. Maybe this year will be the year of the successful daisy bush....
Gerber daisies are nice too. Bright pretty colors, for when you need a bit of ZING!

Next in line has to be the sunflower. That's probably just obvious to you all. Right?
So bright. So sunny. So happy.
Finally, I think I would have to include the hydrangea. Especially the blue/pink ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will have a bumper crop this year. Our little bush is covered in buds. Last year it only produced one single flower. Too much rain? Not enough sun? who knows?
You can see that it was a very pretty bloom, but it was the only one to show up all summer.
There you have it. Sally's favorite flowers.
I hope that at least one of them is your favorite too.
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!
Sally

No comments: