Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day (a little late)

 Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Ours was full of getting it done kind of projects. The weather was fairly cooperative, a little on the chilly side, but sometimes you just can't wait for perfect can you?
Speaking of perfect, are these not the most beautiful flowers ever?
Our wonderful friends and neighbors from Iowa, Barb and Jorge gave us a rooted clipping form their plant the year we moved to Kentucky. A little piece of them if you will. In all honesty, Jorge did tell us that it would take a while to reach maturity and bloom, but who knew that he was talking about 3 years....
 Obviously it was well worth the wait and I am not complaining at all. Really, I'm not. 
He says that they "might" bloom again in late summer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 
In case you think you might need to plant one of your own, all I can tell you is that it is some kind of Clematis. Not very helpful I know.
 Some of our weekend jobs included, major yard work, trimming, weeding and planting the vegetable garden, or as Alan likes to call it "putting out squirrel food". He is right though. We have a definite squirrel issue. Last year they ate all of my squash and a good many tomatoes. I considered not planting any vegetables at all this year and just sticking with herbs and flowers, but what fun is that? I'm sure that this will be the year my little garden puts out a bumper crop of everything.... I'll keep you posted.
We also spent a bit of time cleaning our cars inside and out. The pollen has finally stopped falling from the sky and it was time to get it off and out of my car.
I did a bit of sewing, knitting and spinning, but what else is new? 
I'll show you some of my finished projects later in the week. 
Today it's only going to get up to 67 degrees, but the sun is out and the sky is blue so I'll take it.
Tomorrow and through the rest of the week we will be in the 80's.
Good bye spring, Hello summer.
Because it's almost summer I stopped and got my first iced coffee of the year.
So, so good. I can see many more to come in the very near future.
Sally

No comments: