Friday, May 17, 2013

The Weekend

Here it is, Friday again. Sometimes the weeks just speed by me, and then Friday gets here and I can take a deep breath and breathe. Do you ever feel like that. I'm not sure if it's relief or just habit. It's not like my weekdays are miserable or anything like that. I guess I just think of the weekends as mine to do whatever I want with. Speaking of that, I have actually been waiting for this weekend for a very long time. Tomorrow is the first day of the Kentucky Sheep and Wool Festival  it's held in conjunction with The Bluegrass Stockdog Trial. So, While Grace and I are shopping the barns for yarn and fiber related goodies, Alan will be sitting in his new fold-up chair watching herding dogs herd. We are all keeping our fingers crossed that the rain stays far away. I think there is something like a 40% chance. In preparation for the festival I have been trying my best to knit and spin as much of the yarn and fiber that I have managed to stash since learning to spin a year and half ago. I'm happy to say that I finished spinning my last bag of fiber last weekend and plyed it the other day. It turned out pretty well. Not the softest stuff I've made, but it feels like it would be durable.


 Over the past few weeks I also finished up a pair a of "Rainbow Bright" socks 
and the Breaking Waves shawl.
 Since the weather has been so nice the dog and I have been enjoying spending time on the deck.
I did get my first mosquito bite of the season though, right on my ankle which gave me a few fits during my Yoga class yesterday. I really don't like bugs.

Here is my finished Pagona shawl. I really enjoyed knitting this and can't wait to start on another one. In the picture above I had just finished binding off, so that's why the edges are all curled up. It needs to be blocked and I am going to do that with my brand new blocking wires that I received for Mother's Day
 I have no idea how these things work, but I can't wait to give them a try.
Hope you are excited about your weekend plans. Enjoy!
Sally

No comments: