Friday, July 19, 2013

Stupid Squirels

 My little garden has been starting to show signs of produce. I love it when the peppers and tomatoes seem to just magically appear overnight. I've been picking a handful of cherry tomatoes every day and they are sweet and delicious.


 Everything was going along just fine until... Looking out the kitchen window I happened to notice a red ball sitting in the dirt of my garden. On closer inspection I found one of my almost ripe and ready to pick tomatoes with a tiny little bite taken out of it. I may have actually screamed.
I was told by a neighbor that the reason the squirels eat tomatoes is because they are thirsty. So, I have put  out a dish a water for them. As you can see from the picture below, it is not helping at all. 

Now I'm having to pick my tomatoes a little under ripe so that I can get to them first.
I guess the cherry tomatoes don't have enough water in them, because they are being left alone to turn red and sweet. Any suggestions?
Hope you have a lovely weekend. Barb and Jorge are coming to visit, so we will be having lots of fun!
Sally

No comments: