Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July Recap

We spent the 4th of July with Alan's family in Amite Louisianan,
 Alan had been looking forward to mowing the grass since the last time we were there in December.
 After getting a quick lesson in how to operate the mower, he was off.
 Don and Melinda own about 10 acres. That's a lot of grass. I'm not sure how much of it they saved for Alan to mow, but I do know that he enjoyed every minute of it.
 We got to catch up with pretty much all of Alan's immediate family except for our niece Rachel. Rach, Grace and David were surely missed.
As usual I didn't get as many pictures as I should have. Alan's brother Paul has a very fancy camera and he took lots and lots of pictures. I'm hoping he will send me some that I can share with you.

 We ate a whole lot of traditional 4th of July food including; right out of the giant garden vegetables.
Seriously, Melinda's garden puts my little backyard veggie patch to shame

 Besides all of the visiting, the fireworks display had to be a highlight. Josh and his cousin Levi spent HOURS setting up the show so that everything you see below could be lit with one fuse. I have never been so up close and personal with that many explosives and it was loud and AWESOME.
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th, spending time with family and friends, eating hamburgers and watermelon until you popped just like the fireworks.
Sally

No comments: