Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Keep Calm and Quilt On

That was the motto for last weekend. All I can tell you is that there was a whole lot of quilting going on but I most certainly would not have called it calm.






I had the most wonderful weekend get away with two of my best quilting buddies from Iowa. Barb, Kandi and I met up at a quilting retreat center in Danville Illinois called Threads and Beds.
We had so much fun, met some new friends, talked and sewed ourselves silly. We did not get a lot of sleep which probably explains why I forgot to take any pictures. 
The pictures above are of what I finished. I'd hoped to get even more done, but I probably overestimated when packing. I bought the fabric for the top quilt while I was in Iowa last January. 
I think the quilt pattern is called rectangles. Not all that original, but the quilt is quite nice. Now I have to find some backing and figure out how to quilt it. 
The bottom blocks are 4 of 9 that make up the Swoon quilt. I am loving this quilt and each giant block is a pleasure to put together. Only 5 more to go...
Sally

No comments: