Sunday, September 8, 2013

Quilts and More Quilts


New projects cut out and ready to go
I'm gearing up for an upcoming quilting weekend. What that really means is that I'm trying to finish up (old) projects before I start on new ones. This is really difficult for me. I'm always excited about a quilt when I start it, but I often get the top done and just stop. I think I figure that since most of the work is done it's OK to start on another one. Is it? Of course not. When I do that I end up it the situation that I'm in now. Quilt tops that have been completed for over two years that are still not quilts. I'd like to say that I'm all caught up and that my procrastination days are over, I'm a work in progress for sure. I can tell you that over the past 2 weeks I've finished a quilt, almost finished a quilt and have hired someone to finish a third. Progress!
 You may remember my Farmer's Wife Quilt from about 2 years ago. Well it is finally finished!
 I decided to tie it instead of machine quilt it. The top just seemed busy enough.
 I don't know why I waited so long. I love this quilt. I enjoyed making almost all of the blocks.
 I saw this great idea on Pinterest, to use a towel rack to display your quilt.
 I chose a fancy black one to match the headboard and Alan hung it up today.
 Now it's really done!
 Here is another quilt that has been almost done since January. Because it's a Christmas quilt I cut myself some slack. I don't really need it finished before December. Right?
 Last week I finally bought some backing material and a cute polka dot for the binding. I quilted it on my sewing machine just in straight lines to kind of match the fabric strips.
 I still need to hand sew the binding down, but now that it's this close to being done I like it a lot better
 I think it will look great on the end of Grace's bed this holiday season.
 I have to admit that working on it was kind of getting me all excited about Christmas. I know it's way to early. Whoa Nelly. Take a breath. Slow down. Enjoy the moment. There, I feel better. 
It's only September after all.
Hope you had a great weekend
Sally




No comments: