Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September!

Maybe I sound like a broken record, but time is flying by. It is already September, my very favorite month of the year. I've already celebrated the month with a Pumpkin Spice Latte (or two). I haven't dug out the fall decorations yet, but I think I'll start on that this weekend. I did buy a cute little patchwork pumpkin to add to my collection and he's sitting on my kitchen scale looking a little lonely. The leaves (and annoying acorns) have begun falling off the trees in our backyard. Thank goodness for my handy dandy leaf blower. I've been busy with several knitting/spinning/quilting projects, some of them are just getting started and others are long past due in getting finished. Here are a few new ones that I'm excited about right now.

 Two almost even cakes of handspun yarn from my stash that are going to be knit into Simple Skyp Socks
 A cute new ladybug bag to hold my yarn and socks.
 See how both cakes fit just perfectly. As of the time I'm writing this one sock is almost done.

 Second project also out of my handspun yarn (see, I'm trying to use it up)
 The Miss Winkle shawl. It's going very quickly which is good, because I'd like to enter it into a Knit along that ends September 30th.
I'll show you my quilts in the next post. Hope you all have a great day.
Sally

No comments: