Wednesday, February 5, 2014

About Time

Hello old friend! I have not quilted since before Thanksgiving. All I can say is that I sew in our guest room and we have had a lot of company. That's probably an excuse to explain away my procrastination.
Today was another snow/ice day for me and I decided to make the most of it. 
I cooked
I knit
I cleaned (a little) 
I SEWED!
Finally, I pulled out all the necessities, the sewing machine, cutting board, ironing board etc...
Did I tell you that I killed another iron? That happened back in November. My wonderful red iron just quit working. Now I have a new blue one with a retractable cord.So fancy.

 I joined a Block of the Month club at my local quilt shop back in September.

 I did the blocks for September and October and obviously have not done the ones for 
November, December and January. 
 I just got the email saying that I can pick up the pattern and fabric for February. Yikes! I hate being so far behind. 
You are probably thinking that that's what I worked on today.
You would be wrong. 
I felt the need to ease back into sewing, so I started (and finished) something new. Crazy.
It's just a little 12 inch square, perfect for the center of my dining room table.


I've discovered 3 sewing tool that I can't imagine living without.
 This round cutting board on a lazy Susan also comes with a heat proof cover for ironing.
It's the perfect size and spins like a dream.
This super bright light that snaps on the back of my sewing machine. I really don't know how I sewed without it. Thanks Barb and Kandi for "making" me buy it.
 And finally this cool  binding tool from Fons & Porter. It has changed my life. Really.
I hope this sewing mojo is here to stay. There are so many things to finish and so many new projects to start.
Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back into sewing. The BOM club looks interesting. Is there applique? Barb

Unknown said...

I have a square cutting board that turns. I would be lost without it!!
I also can't imagine sewing without my little 'side' light. I'll have to check out the ruler...