Sunday, February 16, 2014

Loving Something I Thought I Hated







I mentioned last week that I was way far behind on a block of the month quilt that I'm working on. I'm still not sure what was going through my head when I signed up for this project. I guess I was just so smitten with the finished sample that I totally overlooked all of the applique I'd be having to do. Have I ever told you how much I hate machine applique? Well, I thought I did. I've tried it so many times in the past and I've NEVER been happy with the outcomes. That is until now. After watching several YouTube tutorials last weekend, I decided to just give it another try.. I'm still pretty shocked at how well it turned out. There was even a point where I was kind of enjoying the stitching. I know it's not perfect and to be honest that bothers me a little bit, but who's going to look that closely anyway. It's a quilt for heavens sake. There are 8 more applique sections to go.  Hopefully it'll keep getting easier. Keeping my fingers crossed
Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I keep thinking I am going to try it again, but then I just get scared and say "why?" Maybe I will now! Barb

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Now I know who to hire if I want something done!!!! (Just kidding.
Kandy