Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello February








I was soooo ready to be done with January. Things were looking up.February was gonna be great. Trader Joe's has tulips and daffodils. Kroger has Valentine's Day candy. It was 60 degrees here on Saturday. You heard me right, 60 degrees. Then, we woke up this morning to our biggest snowfall of the winter. 4-6 inches of heavy wet snow. School was cancelled again, which meant that all of my clients cancelled as well. Another lovely stay at home snow day for me. I heard that the groundhog saw his shadow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he is a poor predictor of more winter weather to come.
I hope you had a nice weekend, weather wise and Super Bowl wise. I had a lovely weekend. My friend Jacqueline came to visit from Iowa. She loved the 60 degree heat wave. We were very busy doing fun things all weekend. So busy that I forgot to take any pictures. One thing we did do was make Salted Bourbon Caramels. . They turned out so yummy. We may have used a touch more Bourbon than the recipe called for. I'm just saying. I'm thinking they will make tasty treats for Valentine's Day
Hope your February has gotten off to a great start. 
There's only 28 days, so you know you have to make the most of it.
Sally

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow..60 degrees?!? What is that like? We are thrilled when the temp reaches 20! BTW, the tulips are beautiful! And,no, I haven't gotten any further on Swoon.