Sunday, February 23, 2014

Quiet Weekend








It's been a very quiet weekend around here. The weather yesterday was just about perfect. Blue sky, a slight breeze and 60 degrees. Supposedly it's going to rain, sleet and snow today... I guess you take what you can get.  We did enjoy yesterday, got some yard work done, Alan got his bike ready for spring. We cleaned off the deck and put away the winter door mat. I even washed the floor mats in my car. Speaking of my car, I took it in for it's 10,000 mile check-up on Friday. My only complaint was that the low tire pressure light stays on all the time, even when all 4 tires are full. The Toyota guy just laughed at me when I told him that. He asked if I'd checked the pressure in the spare. Really? Who knew the spare tire had a sensor in it? I had this same problem with my first Rav 4 and no one ever bothered to mention it. I probably never asked either, but still. Anyway, Have you spent the last 2 weeks glued to your TV watching the Winter Olympics? We sure have enjoyed it. I'm not sorry that today's the last day though. It's stressful for me watching the American athletes get so close and then missing out by just a point, or a second, or a 100th of a second. So heartbreaking. One good thing about watching so much TV is all of the knitting I've been able to accomplish. I'm almost done with my snugly cardigan, all it needs is pockets and I plan to put them on today. Of course it will probably be too warm now to wear it, but there is always next winter, which I don't even want to think about right now. I also finished up a pair of socks, and a long scarf like shawl that I knit out of the rainbow yarn that I spun. I'm already to start on another pair of socks and another shawl/scarf/wrap. Hopefully with less TV to watch I'll be able to get back to my sewing machine. I've got a couple of quilts tops that need to be finished and maybe a new quilt to start...
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Sally

No comments: