Thursday, September 11, 2014

Spinning Summer Into Fall



Way back in May when summer was just getting started, I purchased this fiber. The pencil roving interested me because it looked like it might be easy to spin and because I loved the colors. The golds, browns and greens reminded me of fall leaves. I put the fiber aside and spun more "summer" like things until about 3 weeks ago. We had a bit of a "cold" snap here and out came the "fall" fiber. Since then Mother Nature decided that maybe summer wasn't quite over and the 90's returned to Louisville. Really? But, fall is back and my fiber is now yarn and I'm ready to start knitting something beautiful.
Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those colors are beautiful! But as you know we tend to be fall people too! Can't wait to see what you knit with it! Barb

Anonymous said...

I went to Wisc. Sheep and Wool. Took a spinning class. She helped me with my wheel tension and that was great. Going to start on my gray wool next. Can not wait to start. I had to empty bobbins first. Jackie