Saturday, September 6, 2014

Can You Believe That It's Already September?

Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. We drove down to Tennessee with my Dad to visit with family. We had a great time in Memphis, well actually Colierville with Alan's Mom, his brother Paul, his wife Lisa and our nieces Jessica and Rachel. Mary Ann has recently moved into a retirement home there and after visiting, I kinda wish that I could move in with her. It's a beautiful facility with lots fun things going on all the time. Of course I forgot to take any pictures. Thank goodness Lisa is a stickler for that and kindly sent us a few. My Dad stayed in Trenton with my Uncle Henry and Aunt Trudy and from the sound of it they had a wonderful time too. Alan and I spent one night with my cousin Charles and his wife Robin. There was a big family get together at their house and we talked our selves silly. The weather could have been  better, but a little rain and heat didn't stop us from having a great time. Now we are home and fall is just starting to kick in. I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte the other day and really enjoyed it until Alan told me that it contained 4 days worth of sugar. Does he know how to spoil a good thing or what? The leaves are starting to fall off the trees as well as those stupid acorns that give me fits every year. Football is on the TV and I'm thinking about making a pot of chili so you know it must be autumn. I sure enjoyed the summer, but fall is my favorite season and I plan on enjoying it even more.
Sally

No comments: