Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Catching Up

Boy have we been busy. We have had company for the past 10 days. Thanks for all you did Dad, and it was great to see you Uncle Elliot! Last weekend we came to realize just what living in Horse Country means. The Breeders Cup was in Louisville and boy was it spectacular. I mentioned before that my Uncle was flown in to preform at a party Friday night. We were all invited and it was a blast. Saturday my Dad and Uncle actually went to the races. I've promised not to mention anything about how the betting went, but it's fair to say they pretty much broke even. Alan and I watched the whole thing on TV in our nice warm living room.
The temperature didn't make it out of the 40's all day. Sunday we drove to Lexington to take Grace out for lunch and to see some more horses.
On top of all of that excitement, I started my new job yesterday. I've completed 2 full days of orientation, 3 more to go.... Maybe being unemployed was not all that bad after all. You may not be hearing much from me the rest of the week, but I promise to get back to regular blogging once my life gets back to normal. Can you believe it's only 2 weeks until Thanksgiving? I think it's time to take down the Halloween decorations.
Sally

No comments: