Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why I Love My Husband Reason 599


The other day I casually mentioned to Alan that I was thinking about driving 2 hours to Cincinnati to visit IKEA. There is really nothing that Alan hates more than shopping, especially shopping at IKEA, well maybe he hates fabric stores even more. Anyway, Friday night he asked me what time I wanted to leave in the morning for IKEA. I really love this man. He was willing to give up a whole day of watching football to spend the day with me. I got so excited, I just can't tell you. We decided to invite Grace along because she loves IKEA too and Lexington is kind of on the way to Cincinnati.

My goal of the trip was to find a laundry basket to replace the 15 year old one that I broke last week. I think we found the perfect one. Now, you may be asking "Why did you need to drive 4 hours to buy a laundry basket"? Silly you. It's not about the laundry basket. It's about the "IKEA experience". If I was going to get there to soak in all of the the holiday feelings this was the only weekend available. I did get there and I soaked up as much as I could. Alan and Grace and I had a wonderful day together. Boy, life is good!
Sally

No comments: