Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Yard is Decorating Itself


Most of the leaves have fallen off of our trees, but our beautiful Japanese Maple is just starting to do it's thing. I can't tell you or show you just how gorgeous this little tree really is. I've never felt this way about a tree before, but I just can't stop looking at it and saying a little thank you to who ever planted it. I feel so lucky that it lives in our yard.



















We also have a holly tree. Well, our neighbors have a holly tree, but as far as I'm concerned it's in my yard too. It's huge. Real tree size. I can't wait to snip some sprigs.
We have been trying to get ready for winter. It's supposed to get "cold" here right after Thanksgiving. We have logs for the fireplace and quilts to keep our toes warm. Who could really ask for more?
Sally



No comments: