Monday, October 28, 2013

Adventures In Spinning

 I joined a fiber club. Are you just shocked to hear that?. Blue Moon Fiber Arts is the same company that has the Socks that Rock yarn club that I joined a couple of years ago. The thing about clubs is that you never know what you are going to get. Some months you are pleasantly surprised, and others, not so much. When this fiber showed up at my door in August, I have to admit I thought it was a little too "wild and crazy" for me. I wish I had taken a picture of it be for I spun it. Now that it's all spun up and yarn I am totally in love with it. It's just so darn happy. Not sure what I'm going to make with it just yet, Maybe a cowl or a scarf...

 I was going to call this post "Four Bags Full", but now I only have two and a half bags and that just didn't seem right. My good friends Barb and Jorge sent me these gorgeous bags of wool for my birthday back in September. Since I was in the middle of spinning the rainbow stuff above I had plenty of time to enjoy looking at, touching and smelling each of these little 1 oz bundles of loveliness. I have to admit that I wasn't really sure I'd be able to spin them. The preparation is new to me and very raw in a good way.

 All I needed was a little confidence and to just do it. So fun! I just can't tell you what it's like. The fiber is in such a natural state that it just kind of does it's own thing. 
I'm just going with the flow and so far I think it's working pretty well.

 I'm afraid I might be hooked on Farm Genevieve. My next Blue Moon club order should arrive any day, but it's just going to have to wait it's turn. Right now I'm all about the neutral colors.
Sally

No comments: