Monday, October 14, 2013

One of Those Weeks



Our sweet Georgie cat got very sick two weekends ago. We took him to the vet and we were told that the enlarged heart problem that we knew about had gotten much worse and that there was really nothing that they could do for him.
 Needless to say we were a bit upset and very sad The vet did give him a shot of something to help make him more comfortable. We took him home and I made Alan call Grace. Grace came home from school on Monday to say her good byes and let me just say that was really hard to watch.
 Since we had been told it was a matter of days, I assumed that Tuesday would be the day. Boy was I ever wrong. Here it is, a week and a day later and George is still with us. Honestly, the whole 9 lives thing must be true. This cat has has got to be on life 8 or 9 by now.  
It's hard to say what is going on with his heart, but he is eating again and spending the nights outside hunting mice and doing who knows what else. I worry that this is just a temporary recovery, but  I have decided to try and just get on with life as normal. I don't know what else to do. 
I was prepared all last week to write and tell you that he had died, and since that is very much not the case I will try to resume blogging about the much more ordinary and mundane things that have been going on around here.
Sally

No comments: