Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Pumpkins Are Coming

 Today is October 2nd and as you can see from these pictures pumpkins have finally arrived at our house. I promised Alan that I'd wait until October and I never break a promise. OK, so that's not really true. I did buy one small pumpkin at Trader Joe's on September 29th, 
but that one was for the deck so it doesn't count.
 I can't wait to start adding them to the yard. I'm going to hold off until this little heat wave we are currently experiencing passes. I want them to last through November if possible. Between the dog and the squirrels the poor things shouldn't have to worry about being baked as well.
I also made a giant batch of Great Aunt Mary's Granola this morning. I don't know why I think of Granola as a fall thing, but I do.

If you are interested in the recipe, go to the I just love the taste of.... tab at top and scroll all the way down to September 17th 2010. In today's batch I used a package of cranberry trail mix from Trader Joe's. It was full of sunflower seeds, almonds, golden raisins and cranberries.  I also added a bag of pecans because I love them. Everything else was pretty much the same.  This stuff is so good on Greek Yogurt with a drizzle of honey. YUM!
Sally

No comments: