Sunday, April 12, 2015

Birds of Happiness

 When I was at the Knitting Pipeline Retreat last month, I may have bought quite a bit of new fiber to spin. Since that made me feel a little guilty, I decided that I should probably spin up some of my older fiber first. The little mini skeins above are from a set I bought last year, I've been saving them. OK, maybe I've been hording them just a little. Each one is named after a bird and they were just so beautiful to look at.and touch. The first one that I spun is called Kingfisher. The others are Mallard, Blue Tit, Peacock and Osprey. Since each one is just a couple of ounces I decided to try knitting them into cute little Birds of Happiness. The pattern was free on Ravelry but I think it's called Bluebird of Happiness. The first one was a little fiddly, but I think I have the hang of it now. I'm not sure what I'll do with them when they are finished, maybe they will be sitting in my Christmas tree come December. Who knows?
Sally

No comments: