Friday, April 24, 2015

Sewing Weekend Away

I'm off for a sewing weekend with my favorite quilters from Iowa. We are meeting at a retreat center in Danville Illinois and I can't wait to see them all and catch up on all the goings on. Before leaving I was determined to finish a couple of projects. The Polwarth fiber from YarnGeek is finished and beautiful. I always forget how much Polwarth puffs up after washing. I wish you could feel how soft and squishing it is. It will be a joy to knit with. I also finished the Leftie shawl/scarf that I showed you last time. I'm so glad that it's finally spring, but I am totally looking forward to wearing this next fall. I put together some cute little bags for the friends I spending the weekend with. I had a lot of fun filling the little baskets with sewing notions and maybe a little chocolate... My favorite part is the saying on the tags. Friends are the BEST!
Have a great weekend
Sally

No comments: