Sunday, March 27, 2011

The "ZEST" of Life


I had to make a quick stop at Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and decided that it was finally time for me to purchase a Microplane for zesting lemons, limes and oranges. I have a little zester thing, but it makes long pieces of zest and then you have to chop it all up. I just don't have time for chopping zest.


Who knew there were so many different kinds of microplane zesters out there to choose from.


Not me, that's for sure.


This is the one I decided on, because I liked the shape and the yellow handle.



I really did rush home and try it out.


Can I just say "where have you been all of my life Microplane zester?"


I love it. Within seconds I had zested the whole lemon and was left with the little pile of ZEST




Here is a closer look. No chopping involved at all. Now I'm on the lookout for recipes that call for ZEST!

Sally







No comments: