Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Day After the 4th

Hope you had a lovely 4th of July. It was nice having it fall on a Monday so that everyone could celebrate with a long weekend, but I sure do feel sorry for those folks that had to get up and go to work today. I don't know what the laws are in your part of the country, but apparently fireworks are legal in Kentucky and boy did my neighbors take advantage of it. We heard the booms and watched the light shows until after midnight. The first hour or so from 9:00-10:00 was very entertaining, but after that, not so much. I really hate being a party pooper, but we have a dog and she does not appreciate fireworks. I think she goes into "I must protect the family" mode. She barked for 3 straight hours last night warning us of the danger that was happening just outside the front door. Poor dog. She's off at the doggie spa today, so maybe she's relaxing and having a chance to recover. Probably not, but that's what I would do if I was given a spa day. As it turns out, today is laundry day. Yahoo!

Sally



No comments: