Saturday, July 2, 2011

DYI Saturday

I mentioned a while back that our white wicker chairs were taking a beating from having to stay outside in the elements. We have had them for about 10 years, but they were protected in our sun room in Iowa. I think one paint job every 10 years is not too bad.


Alan and I headed off to the Home Depot this morning to pick up supplies. I bought 3 cans of white spray paint and he bought a bag of cement and a big orange Home Depot bucket.



I'm showing you the chairs before, so that you can really appreciate how nice they look now.

I think spray painting is one of the most rewarding DYI projects you can do. I was afraid that the paint wouldn't dry due to our high humidity, but it did.



























I didn't even have to use any elbow grease. and they look almost as good as new.









Alan's project was not quite as much fun (in my opinion). We have tried just about everything to get whatever creature is living under our cute little out building to leave. The dog can't resist digging and I guess it got to the point that Alan just couldn't take it any more. He filled the hole on the front side of the shed with cement and now he's going to soak old towels in vinegar and stick them down in the hole on the other side (he read this on the Internet...). Hopefully the creature(s) will leave and then he will fill that hole with more cement. Sounds like a plan right? I will keep you posted on how successful it is.


Sally














No comments: