Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Alan!

Yesterday was Alan's Birthday. Let's just say that he's one year shy of the BIG ONE.
I've known him since he was 17, and besides a few gray hairs (that make him look "distinguished") and a couple of little wrinkles here and there, he looks exactly the same.
Alan doesn't ever ask for much, but on his birthday he deserves to enjoy some of his favorite things and I am happy to oblige. (Please get your minds out of the gutter, because I'm talking about food people). Pancakes with fresh strawberries for breakfast and Italian stuffed shells for dinner, and to top it all off turtle cake for dessert. See, easy to please. My Dad was here to help us celebrate and he just happened to have a couple of left over bottles of champagne from his big 80th party in the trunk of his car. Convenient, don't you think? That's what Alan is toasting with, not apple juice. I probably need to get some actual champagne glasses... Anyway, I think he enjoyed his special day and now he's probably glad not to be the center of attention again until next July 7th.





Sally

PS If you want the Turtle Cake recipe, I'll post it under the I Love the Taste of tab at the top of my blog.

No comments: