Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend In Chicago

Grace and I spent the weekend in Chicago with our good friend Jacqueline. I didn't take many pictures, but I can tell you that the weather was perfect, we did a lot of shopping and eating of wonderful food.
The reason for the trip was to pick up Grace's visa for Spain. Apparently these things can't be mailed and MUST be picked up by the person they are issued to.
It all worked out perfectly. Highlights besides visiting with Jacqueline were
a trip to IKEA, watching the new Harry Potter movie in the fanciest theater I've ever been to and eating and "touring" the Bass Pro Shop. Hey, don't knock it till you try it. We had the best seafood and wonderful service because Jacqueline's sister and brother-in-law work for the company.








If it weren't for the 5 hour drive which turns into 6 hours because of all of the traffic, I'd be visiting Chicago on a much more regular basis. It's such a beautiful city with so much to see and do.

Now we are home and getting ready to deal with a massive heat wave. The good news is that my tomato plants are loving it.

Stay cool, I'll get back with you soon.

Sally

No comments: