Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Like Weekend

A chill was in the air this weekend. Even the animals at the zoo could feel it. Fall is knocking at the door here in Louisville. I'm sure we will have a few more warm days to come, but it sure does seem like summer is really over.












The farmer's market was full of "fall". Fall flowers, squash and apples. Maggie really lucked out. The people that sell smoked dog bones were there and we picked one up for her. The thing must have weighed five pounds and it pretty much kept her busy all day.

The first thing that I like to do when "fall" arrives is make granola. Don't ask me why. I just do. It's one of those traditions that keeps me moving with the seasons. I posted the recipe for my Great Aunt Mary's Granola last fall under "I Love the Taste of... at the top of my blog. It's my favorite.








I made two big sheet pans.

Some for me and







some to share.








Hope you had a great fall weekend.

Sally

No comments: