Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meals for 12 Days....

Right before our Borders book store closed I picked up a book called Meals for a Month by Linda Larsen. You know the idea. You spend one whole day cooking and you fill your freezer with enough meals to last a month. The idea really appealed to me, but I was not willing to spend an entire day in the kitchen, so I adapted the plan. I made meals for half a month instead.
I decided to stick with a Mexican/Italian theme and was able to make enchiladas, chili, chicken tortilla soup, goolosh and pesto, enough for 15 dinners in less than 3 hours. I have to say I was pretty impressed with myself. My freezer is full and that makes me one happy camper.

I started off with a bunch of ingredients.

Chopped about 6 large onions, 2 large bell peppers and 3 good size jalapeno peppers. I made the chili in my crock pot, the soup in my big red pot and everything else in my extra large frying pan. I only had to wash 3 pots. That was the best part of the whole morning.


















I think I will try this cooking method again with


some different dishes but I have to wait until I have some more room in the freezer.




Sally








No comments: