Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Unplanned Holiday

My usual work week goes something like this. Monday ~ 12:00-7:00 Wednesday ~ 12:00- 6:00 and Thursday ~ 12:00-7:00. I'm off on Tuesday and Friday. Of course, I'd rather be off on Monday and Friday, but that's just not the way the schedule worked out. Yesterday, which was Tuesday I got a call that all of my Wednesday clients had cancelled for one reason or another. The company that I work for would rather that I use my vacation time or take an unpaid day off than pay me for not actually providing any service. I understand this totally, but If I'd known in advance that I was not going to have to go to work today, I probably would have planned to spend the day differently. As it was such short notice, I did my best to make the most of it.
One sock done! One to go
  George had an early morning vet appointment. His yucky toe has healed nicely and he was given a clean bill of health. Never mind how much it cost us to get him healthy. He's totally back to normal and one happy go lucky cat.
Simple Skyp Socks knit out of Fortissima Colori Sock Color yarn
 I followed that appointment up with a little pedicure. I had my fingernails done yesterday and I needed to have my toes painted to match. I'm all about coordination.
Moonshine fiber company BFL Hand-dyed Roving in the "Love your Face" colorway
 I made a quick stop at Target to pick up a few things for one of my co-workers birthday tomorrow. I'm in charge of getting the cake and paper products. I couldn't resist the Halloween aisle. Halloween Oreos, M&M's and candy corn found their way into my cart.

I've been home now for a couple of hours doing what I love to do most. Ironing.... Just kidding. I've been spinning and knitting and sipping a new Fall like tea all afternoon. I'm sure Alan will come home and wonder what I've been up to all day. It's amazing how fast an unplanned vacation day goes by.
Samurai Chai Mate & White Ayurvedic Chai from Tevanna. Very spicy!
What would you do with an unexpected day off?
Sally

No comments: