Sunday, September 30, 2012

Busy Week

 Sorry for the week long absence. All is well, we have just been busy, busy, busy..
 I think I mentioned last time that my Dad was coming for a visit. He likes to stop here for a couple of days on his way to and from Tennessee.
 He will be back again at the end of the month on his way to one of my cousins sons weddings.I guess you would call him my Dad's grand nephew.
 He will be here for Halloween. I think he planned it that way so that he wouldn't have to be home to hand out candy. Fall horse racing at Churchill Downs starts on October 28th, so maybe he plans to do a little betting on the ponies too.
 In between his visits this time, Alan and I power washed the deck, fixed a minor plumbing issue that ended up causing an even bigger problem which Alan has now fixed nicely. We also got out ALL of the fall decorations (as you can tell from the pictures. Do you think it's too much?) I made a trip to Costco and did all of the usual cooking and cleaning. See, we have been busy getting stuff done.
Of course I did manage to fit in a little knitting and spinning too.
Tomorrow is October 1st. I'm a bit sad to see September go, but I'm happy that fall is finally in full swing.

Sally

No comments: