Friday, March 8, 2013

Catching Up

Sorry for the absence, but I'm not kidding when I tell you that the sun has not come out for over a week here in Louisville, probably the whole state of Kentucky for that matter. I have had lots of things to show you, but I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for a sunny day to take pictures of them. Today it finally happened! So if you are not interested in my knitting and spinning efforts, this post is not for you. I apologize for all of the pictures, but I just want to make sure that you are caught up and don't miss out on anything.  Let's start with what I've finished:

 The 5 Hour Baby Boy Sweater knit out of some of my Homespun yarn with a too cute hat to match.

 The Hitchhiker shawl/scarf also out of some of my Homespun yarn. 
As you can see it is very long and skinny
 I love the way it wraps around my neck.
Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but you get the idea.
 Now on to a nearly done project:
 This is called the Dichotomy Shawl and I started it last weekend because I just had to. I'm knitting it out of my Lorna's Laces yarn that is super soft.  I think this shawl will really grow once it's blocked. 
You can see in the yarn bowl that I don't have a lot of yarn left. I'll add a few more rows and then it has a garter stitch edge.
Now for the just about half-way done prjects:
One Lacy Spring sock is finished and the other just started
 My Two at a Time socks are coming along nicely. I have not given them much attention this week, but I think I need to knit another inch or so before I add the yarn for the after thought heels. I knit on these a lot last week while I was sitting in meetings in Lexington. Is that rude?
Now, here is what I've just begun, as in yesterday...
 I saw this crocheted scarf on Pinterest and thought the yarn that I spun last week would be perfect for it.
 I always forget how much I enjoy crocheting. It goes so much faster than knitting, I think it's showing off the color changes in the Homespun yarn nicely. I might have to wait until next year to wear it though, because it's going to be 65 degrees here this weekend. I can't wait. We might just have to grill some hamburgers...
Hope you have a lovely weekend
Sally

No comments: