Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sassy Pants

OK, so it's really Sassy Water. Have you heard about this stuff? I've seen it mentioned a lot recently so I decided to give it a try. I like to call it Sassy "Pants" Water, but I think Dr Oz calls it detox water. Whatever you want to call it, you are supposed to drink a lot of it and it's supposed to do all kinds of wonderful things for your weight loss efforts, your skin and in my case bladder. I know that I should be drinking more water than I do on a regular day. I gave up soft drinks a long time ago, but coffee and tea are still my friends. Drinking a pitcher of water a day has been a little challenging for me, but since I do like the way it tastes I'm trying hard to make the effort. What you do is thinly slice 1/2 a cucumber and 1/2 a lemon, put them in a pitcher and add several torn mint leaves. Fill the pitcher with water and let it sit in your refrigerator over night. Start your morning with a large glass of the water and continue drinking it all day until it's gone. Dump out the used cucumber, lemon and mint and start all over. I was wondering if you could just add fresh water to the already used mixture, but apparently that's not a good idea. All of the important stuff gets used in the first go round. I think the lemon has a tendency to get bitter too. There you have it. I've been drinking the stuff for 3 days now. One of the articles that I read  said to drink the Sassy Water 3 days a week, another article said every day. I'm not sure how you are supposed to know if you are benefiting. Maybe the scale will determine how long I drink it.

If you have tried this, let me know your thoughts.
Sally

No comments: