Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2013 Christmas Socks




I fell in love with this sock yarn the minute I saw it. The purple mixed in with the red and green makes for a perfect combination in my opinion. For whatever reason I thought the colorway of the yarn was called "Somebody's Kissing Santa Claus". I should have known better. When it arrived at my house, I was a little icked out to see that the actual name is "Zombody's Kissing Santa Claus". Apparently the light green and lavender are supposed to represent zombie flesh tones. Really? I am so not into all that zombie "Walking Dead" vampire stuff. Since I'm enjoying knitting these so much I'm just not going to think about the name. I'm using the Groovy Socks pattern which I think is by Sock Pixie. It's a free pattern and very fast and fun to knit. I may not have them finished by Christmas, but they will be done and ready to wear next year.
The kids here in Louisville are off from school again today. We had about an inch of snow this morning which I guess made the roads to slippery for the buses. Very lucky kids. Hope you have a great day!
Sally

No comments: